CREModels℠ is a great place to work if you are truly the best of the best with a track record of analytic excellence.
Senior Real Estate Analysts are expected to provide assistance on a wide range of functions from initial underwriting to closing transactions with a primary focus on ARGUS® and Excel-based analysis of real estate acquisitions and reviewing/preparing due diligence materials such as lease abstracts on active and potential investments for our clients.
Senior Real Estate Analysts must have a complete understanding of real estate, capital markets, due diligence and finance, as well as the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects with multiple clients. Successful candidates must be comfortable with direct client contact and are required to deliver high quality work product reflective of the CREModels℠ brand with minimal supervision.
Experienced Hires may be given limited supervisory responsibilities over financial analysis staff and may lead project teams and/or plan staff assignments. Duties may encompass technical guidance and/or training to co-workers as well as policy development and participation in special initiatives (modeling, system implementations, acquisition integrations, technology development, etc).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at a superior level. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Assist team members with evaluating and underwriting potential acquisitions on behalf of the firm’s clients
- Perform complex financial analyses, including ARGUS Valuation DCF and ARGUS Developer
- Excel-based underwriting models, cash flow projections and sensitivity analyses
- Assist with the due diligence process, primarily with the review/analysis/abstracting of leases
- Gather and evaluate economic and market data
- Assist with the preparation and presentation of investment memoranda
- Read, review, and abstract leases and property due diligence reports such as rent rolls, operating statements, and expense reconciliations
- Analyze and underwrite development, acquisition, and disposition opportunities through the preparation of discounted cash flow models.
- Prepare sensitivity analyses to fully understand the range of risks and opportunities of each deal.
- Coordinate with the financial and project management teams the retrieval and confirmation of all data inputs for financial models.
- Work with development and acquisition managers in preparation of Real Estate Committee approval packages and private offering memoranda.
- Assist in collecting and evaluating all due diligence materials for acquisition disposition opportunities
- Maintain financial models throughout the project lifecycle, including pre-development, construction and transition to management team; including reconciliation of budget to actual performance on monthly basis, coordination of construction draws, etc.
- Contact appraisers, brokers, and research firms for comparable data.
- Maintain a comp database.
Education and Requirements:
- BA/BS degree in real estate, finance or a related field with a strong record of academic achievement
- MBA or Master’s Degree in real estate, finance or a related field strongly preferred
- 7-10 Years of Experience in the Real Estate Analysis field
Factors for Success:
- Advanced ability to employ financial metrics and principles necessary in real estate debt and equity transactions, including Discounted Cash Flow, IRR, NPV, Time Value of Money, Return on Equity, etc.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret various types of real estate documents, including leases, contracts and financial statements.
- Advanced Excel experience with formula auditing, VBA macros, template building, Pivot Tables, lookup, etc. required
- Advanced proficiency with ARGUS® DCF, Enterprise, and Developer strongly preferred
- Have comprehensive knowledge and understanding of commercial real estate, due diligence process, commercial lending policies, and credit and risk management policies
- Full understanding of property sectors (office, retail, industrial, multifamily, etc) and their different investment characteristics, including primary metrics and thresholds for each.
- Advanced ability to understand and analyze property-level and portfolio-level financial information including: rent roll audits, lease abstracts, estoppels, historical financial statements, CAM recovery calculations, tenant sales and occupancy cost calculations and tax return analysis
- Strong financial and analytical ability with solid organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Exception verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proactive thinking with detail-oriented and creative problem solving approach
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States
If you are an Experience Real Estate Analyst and think you would be a great fit at CREModels℠, fill out the form below to send us your resume and cover letter telling us more about yourself.